Homecoming is a time marked by the Auburn spirit. This unique tradition encompasses both the campus and community of Auburn. As always, the beloved traditions of Homecoming will return again this year: the Miss Homecoming election, the Homecoming Parade, the Friday night Pep Rally, and the Homecoming football game.
This year’s Homecoming will be September 14, 2019 against Kent State.
Friday Football Luncheons
Tiger Walk Club in Jordan-Hare Stadium
Kick off home game weekends at the Friday Football Luncheons.
Enjoy lunch with Auburn fans and preview the game with Coach Malzahn or other members of the coaching staff.
Tickets are available HERE.
Carol Ann Gavin Garden Dedication
Gavin Engineering Research Laboratory
Harbert College of Business New Business Building Ribbon Cutting and Open House
1:30 – 2:00 p.m. Ribbon Cutting
2:00 – 3:00 p.m. Open House
New Business Building Atrium
A ribbon-cutting ceremony will be held for the new business building followed by tours of the facility. Those interested in attending should email Colleen Bourdeau at email@example.com.
Jule Collins Smith Museum of Fine Art
The Southeastern Raptor Center will release four red-tailed hawks back to nature after being rehabilitated.
Auburn Family Friday Speaker Series
3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Jay and Susie Gogue Performing Arts Center
Auburn University will host the Auburn Family Friday Speaker Series each Friday before home football games for fans wanting to learn more about Auburn people, programs and research. This event will feature Chris Heacox, executive director of the Jay and Susie Gogue Performing Arts Center. The title of his talk will be Behind the Scenes at the Jay and Susie Gogue Performing Arts Center *Attendees will be able to take center tours.
Petrie Hall Pop-Up Shop
3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Stop by the #PetriePopUp inside the lobby of historic Petrie Hall from 3pm-5pm for the grand opening and official launch of “The Original Aubie” product line. The Petrie Pop-Up also features College Vault merchandise with some of your favorite Auburn logos from the past. During the Friday grand opening, the first 150 visitors will receive “The Original Aubie” commemorative Coke bottles courtesy of Coca-Cola and the Office of Trademark Management & Licensing. Come see us on your way to the homecoming parade downtown. Petrie Hall is located just beyond the north end of Jordan-Hare Stadium at the end of Thach Concourse.
Dedication of Brown-Kopel Engineering Student Achievement Center
3:15 p.m. Dedication Ceremony
4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Open House
Brown-Kopel Engineering Student Achievement Center
Football, Fans and Feathers
4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Edgar B. Carter Educational Amphitheater
The Southeastern Raptor Center’s Football, Fans and Feathers offers fans the opportunity to see a raptor show and flight demonstration up close and personal. Tickets are $5 per person and may be purchased upon entry or in advance by clicking HERE; there is no charge for children age three and under. Tickets will be available two weeks prior to the presentation.
Jordan-Hare Locker Room Tours
4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Come experience the pre-game locker room setup for the Auburn football team at Jordan Hare-Stadium on Fridays prior to each home game. Tours are free and open to the public. Please enter at Gate 10 through the Jane and Mike McCartney Brick Plaza.
Auburn University Homecoming Parade & Pep Rally
The annual Homecoming Parade allows the Auburn community to celebrate alumni returning home and to build spirit for the Homecoming football game the next day. The Auburn University Homecoming Parade features floats from on and off-campus organizations, the Auburn University Cheerleaders, Tiger Paws and the Auburn University Marching Band. The parade begins at 6:00 p.m., completing a short loop around downtown Auburn before concluding with a pep rally around 6:30 p.m. on Samford Lawn. The best location to view the parade is on College Street in front of Samford Hall.
Come Home to the Corner
6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
After enjoying the Homecoming Parade and Pep Rally, stick around downtown Auburn for live music! This is an entertainment district event.
Blue Jean Ball
6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Pat Dye’s Crooked Oaks Hunting Lodge, Notasugla, Alabama
The 19th annual Blue Jean Ball benefits the Auburn University School of Nursing and the Auburn Montgomery School of Nursing. Purchase tickets online.
AU Soccer vs. Southern Miss
Auburn Soccer Complex
Cheer on the Tigers vs. Southern Miss at the Auburn Soccer Complex (730 Biggio Drive, Auburn, AL 36830). Admission is free!
Petrie Hall Pop-Up Shop
11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
On gameday, the #PetriePopUp will be open from 11 :00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. inside the lobby of historic Petrie Hall. The Pop-Up shop will display memorabilia featuring “The Original Aubie” drawn by Phil Neel on programs and other collectibles as well as other relics from Auburn athletics through the years. Shop “The Original Aubie” collection of apparel, headwear and drinkware as well as College Vault merchandise with some of your favorite Auburn logos from the past. Make sure to stop back by for other games during the season as the collection – and the memorabilia – will be updated throughout the fall. Petrie Hall is located just beyond the north end of Jordan-Hare Stadium at the end of Thach Concourse.
Auburn Alumni Tailgate
3:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Auburn Alumni Center
Join Auburn alumni, friends and students for the Auburn Alumni Association’s Alumni Tailgate. The tailgate features live music from the Ty Reynolds Band, appearances by special guests and Auburn swag. Contributing and Life Members receive a free meal and Life Members can enjoy a complimentary drink.
Each game day, the Tigers walk from the Athletics Complex down Donahue Drive to Jordan-Hare Stadium. The team doesn’t make the walk alone, however; instead, they are cheered on by the thousands of Auburn fans who line the street and, in the process, create one of the greatest scenes in college football. Don’t miss out on your chance to cheer on the Tigers before each game!
Verizon Autograph Tent
Two hours prior to kickoff
Located beside the Red Diamond Tailgate Show, east side of the stadium adjacent to the stadium parking deck
Former Auburn football lettermen will be present at the Verizon Autograph Tent to sign memorabilia and talk with fans.
Auburn vs. Kent State football game
Wellness Kitchen Sunday Brunch
9:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Auburn University Wellness Kitchen
Every Sunday following a home football game the Auburn University Wellness Kitchen (370 South Donahue Drive, Auburn, AL 36849) will be open to the public for brunch. Sunday brunch includes a waffle bar, omelet stations, and other great selections of your favorite dishes prepared by our executive staff and his team. The all you care to eat brunch is $14.99 for adults and $6.99 for children 10 and under.
Brunch & Browse
10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Join the downtown merchants for Brunch and Browse to cap off Auburn’s homecoming weekend! Enjoy extended shopping hours, merchant specials and more. Participating retailers and restaurants will each offer their own individual specials.
AU Soccer vs. Samford
Auburn Soccer Complex
Cheer on the Tigers vs. Samford at the Auburn Soccer Complex (730 Biggio Drive, Auburn, AL 36830). Admission is free!
Parade & Pep Rally Information
The annual Homecoming Parade features the ODK Float Competition as well as the AU Marching Band, Cheerleaders, Miss Homecoming Candidates, Aubie and much more. All campus and community organizations are welcome to participate. Groups may enter a float, ride in a trailer, or simply walk in the parade.
The parade will take place at 6:00 p.m. on Friday, September 13, 2019 and should last until 6:30 p.m. and will lead into a pep rally afterwards on Samford Lawn.
Homecoming on the Plains brings back so many memories of days gone by.
We selected some traditions unique to Auburn for you to experience (again) while you’re here.
Snap a photo of you and your family completing each tradition and use the hashtag #AUAlumniTraditions
Celebrate. Reminisce. Introduce. Enjoy. It’s tradition.
- Get out of the heat (or the cold) at the tailgates at the alumni center (Kent State and/or Georgia – opens three hours prior to kick off)
- Cheer on the team at Tiger Walk (from the corner of Donahue and Samford to the stadium – two hours prior to kick off)
- Enjoy an ice cold Toomer’s Lemonade from Toomer’s Drugs
- Fire it up at the Auburn University Marching Band’s Spirit March to the Four Corners Pep Rally (Donahue and Heisman Drive – 1.5 hours prior to kick off); pep rally is led by the cheerleaders, Tiger Paws and Aubie
- Take a picture with one (or more) of the Heisman statues (east side of Jordan-Hare Stadium) and/or Charles Barkley statue (next to the scholarship entrance to the Auburn Arena)
- After an Auburn victory, head to Toomer’s Corner with roll of toilet paper and roll Toomer’s Corner
- Visit the sports displays/museum in Auburn Arena (main entrance, to the left)
- Strike a pose (and snap a photo) in front of the Auburn University sign/Samford Hall
- Go to an equestrian meet to cheer for the 2018-2019 back-to-back national champions (Nov. 1 and 22 – www.aub.ie/equestrian)
- Snap a selfie (or photo) with Aubie and/or the cheerleaders and/or the Tiger Paws
- Tour the locker room at Jordan-Hare Stadium (Gate 10 at Jordan-Hare Stadium, 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. on Fridays of home football games)
- Visit the new sculpture dedicated to 125 years of Auburn women (Mell Street Concourse, across from the library)
- Salute the ROTC cadets and midshipmen as they march in to Jordan-Hare Stadium (Gate 10, one hour, 45 minutes prior to kick off)
- Attend a Fans & Feathers presentation on Friday afternoons before home football games (www.aub.ie/footballfansfeathers)
- Visit the oldest independently owned restaurant in the city at its orignial location and indulge with a Momma’s Love and some of their famous nachos
- Meet former athletes at the Autograph Tent (opens two hours prior to kick off in the Plainsman Park parking lot on Donahue)
- Join the War Eagle Girls and Plainsmen for a brief walking tour of campus on Friday afternoons before home games (leaves at 4 p.m. from the Auburn Alumni Center)
- Admire the official Auburn University seal in front of Langdon Hall while emphasizing to your children the importance of not stepping on it
Countdown to Homecoming
Auburn vs. Kent State
Saturday, September 14, 2019
251 South Donahue Drive
Auburn, AL 36849
Wear orange or blue!