Nominations will be accepted Monday, April 10-Friday, June 23, 2017
What is the Lifetime Achievement Award?
The Lifetime Achievement Award, sponsored by the Auburn Alumni Association, was established to recognize extraordinary accomplishments by members of the Auburn family and is the highest honor bestowed by the Auburn Alumni Association. Individuals will be recognized for significant achievement in their professional lives, meritorious service and/or for distinguished human service.
Who can be selected?
To be selected for the Lifetime Achievement Award, nominees must have:
- attained prominence in their professional careers or
- performed distinguished human services (in their local community or the world) or
- conferred meritorious service to Auburn University The individual must be a person of such integrity, stature, and demonstrated ability that the faculty, staff, students and alumni of Auburn University will take pride in and be inspired by their recognition. Nominees need not be graduates of Auburn, but must demonstrate a love and commitment to Auburn that inspires others to live the Auburn spirit. While employed at Auburn University, administrators and faculty will not be eligible for the Lifetime Achievement Award, but they may be nominated after retirement or terminating employment. Former students employed by Auburn University or serving in a governing position of the university are not eligible during the term of their employment or service. Members of the Auburn Alumni Association Board of Directors are not eligible during the term of their service.
Who can submit a nomination?
Nominations may be made by any of the following:
- Any alumni or friend of Auburn University
- Any member of the Auburn University faculty or staff
- Any chartered Auburn club Nominations will be considered for three years. If the nominator chooses, he/she may submit a new nomination packet to re-nominate the candidate after the original nomination period has expired.
How often are the awards presented?
Four individuals will be selected annually as recipients of the award. The 2018 Lifetime Achievement Awards will be presented at a black-tie dinner and ceremony next spring (March 2018) in Auburn, Alabama.
How can I submit a nomination?
Nominations should include:
- The completed nomination form
- One-three letters (no more than three) detailing how the nominee fulfills one or more of the criteria listed above; should include specifics of the nominee’s accomplishments.
- Optional: resume and/or other biographical information