Student Alumni Association
The Auburn Student Alumni Association (SAA) is the student chapter of the Auburn Alumni Association. Established in 1999, SAA is currently the largest student organization at Auburn, with an average of 3,000 members. SAA provides students with the opportunity to interact with other students as well as Auburn University alumni. Members receive a t-shirt and member discount card, plus other cool items, and can choose from one-year or four-year memberships. SAA hosts BEAT parties in the fall (Go Tigers!) and a Color Run 5K, among other events.
The Student Alumni Association also works to raise funds for student scholarships. Rising seniors who are members of SAA are eligible for our annual scholarship. A dollar from each member’s dues goes toward this scholarship fund. Thanks again to all SAA members for your support!
Class of 2017 Senior Send-Off
Your Auburn Alumni Association wants to celebrated graduation with the Class of 2017 Send-Off at the Auburn Alumni Center. Be on the look out for next year’s information.
Want to give back to Auburn in an area of your choice, and have a cool keepsake to wear at graduation?
“As a graduating senior, the idea of getting a commemorative medallion seemed like a no brainer.”
– Grace Rudder ’16
Member Benefit Providers
- 4 Seasons Cleaner – 10% discount
- Anders Bookstore – 15% off all merchandise (excludes books and electronics); 10% discount on textbooks
- Auburn Reprographics – 20% off supplies and 10% off printing
- Auburn University Bookstore – 10% off Auburn clothing and gifts
- Block & Barrel Deli – 15% off your purchase
- Brooks Brothers – Members are eligible to enroll for a Brooks Brothers Corporate Membership Card to receive a 15% savings on regularly priced merchandise. Enter Org. ID: 12183 and Pin Code: 25018
- BurgerFi – 10% discount (AL locations only)
- Cake-a-Potamus – $10 discount per hour of private instructions and $5 off per dozen cupcakes
- J&M Bookstore – 10% discount on Auburn souvenirs
- Loco’s Grill and Pub – Free chips and salsa with purchase of a drink
- Momma Goldberg’s Deli – Free nachos with the purchase of a large drink (Thach or Magnolia)
- Niffer’s – $1 off any purchase
- Prevail Union – Buy one cafe drink, get one half-off
- Pure Barre Auburn – 10% off any regular priced package
- Saugahatchee Country Club – Half-price initiation fees for student membership
- Shakey’s Pizza – 15% off menu and buffet items
- Stamp – Buy one item, get one free
- TCBY – 10% off purchase
- Tiger Rags – 10% discount in-store
- Whitt’s Auto Service – $5 off any oil and filter service
Meet the Board
The Student Alumni Association Board of Directors is the governing body of the SAA. Our tasks include planning events and coordinating projects that help SAA members network with alumni and each other; raising scholarship funds; and building a stronger sense of connection to Auburn University in preparation for graduation. Members of the board are chosen through a highly selective application and interview process in the spring.
The board is composed of six committees with a wide range of responsibilities. The public relations committees (communications and sponsorships) are in charge of building the relationship between the Student Alumni Association and the community at large. These committees ensure that we raise sponsorship dollars to help fund our events throughout the year. The membership committees (summer and membership) deal with bringing in new members and renewing old memberships in the SAA. The campus-relations committees (events and outreach) plan annual events such as the BEAT Shirt parties associated with Auburn’s home football games, and support community service projects such as Auburn’s Big Event. In addition, the outreach committee oversees the annual SAA scholarship, which collects a dollar from each member’s dues to be put toward a scholarship for rising seniors. Committees are composed of two chairmen and from four to six board members, who work under the direction of both chairmen to fulfill their responsibilities.
Board members proudly serve Auburn in many capacities. You might have seen these student leaders checking people in at the Auburn Hospitality Tailgate before home football games or working late on campus for Camp War Eagle, greeting incoming freshmen and explaining the benefits of SAA membership. Board members also may serve as hosts of Auburn Alumni Association events. Some even represent the Auburn student body to alumni at club meetings across the nation. Still others welcome alumni and friends of Auburn to campus at events such as homecoming, Club Leadership Conference and award ceremonies.
The board oversees every SAA event, from conception to planning to implementation.
To be considered for the board, you must be a member of the SAA, so if you are interested in applying for a position on the board this fall, join the SAA today and get involved by attending some of our great events! Applications will be made available each spring on this website.
Major: Global Studies
Major: Exercise Sciences
VP, Public Relations
Major: Biomedical Sciences
Major: Mechanical Engineering
Major: Anthropology and Biology
Family Business &
Nutrition & Dietetics