THANK YOU FOR SAYING YES! Over the past year, you responded favorably to myriad association invitations. You renewed your association membership or joined for the first time. You attended an Auburn Club, Affiliate, reunion or awards program either in person or virtually. You overwhelmingly shared your personal Auburn story through the Oral History Project, and you faithfully supported the Auburn Magazine voluntary subscription. By responding in the affirmative, you assisted our students and energized and challenged us to continue to create engagement opportunities that uniquely appeal to you.
On Sept. 24, 2021, Auburn Alumni Association Board President Regenia Sanders presided over the association’s 2021 annual meeting and welcomed Freddy Daniell, Char Dennis, Ron Dyson Jr. and Hank Jester as our newest directors. Annual highlights were also shared and include:
- Alumni association-related scholarships, including those generated through the Auburn Clubs programs, provided a total of 415 students with scholarships valued at $715,914 for the 2021-22 academic year.
- 80,000 alumni and friends engaged in association initiatives, including the launch of a Women of Auburn initiative in March 2021.
- 2022 Lifetime Achievement Awards honorees are James R. Bullington ’62 (Jim), James M. Hoskins ’81 (Jim), William R. McNair ’68 and Anita G. Newcomb ’76. The 2022 Young Alumni Achievement Award recipient is Erin McCreary ’14. These outstanding alumni will be celebrated on Feb. 26, 2022.
- Communication initiatives reached a record number of Auburn alumni and friends. The association’s Facebook page was revamped to allow fora better experience and averages 75,000 views per month. The Forever AU App continues to attract new users and has reached an impressive 16,140.
- The association continues to steward your gifts wisely. I applaud our alumni board of directors’ recent decision to utilize surplus funds to encourage philanthropic gifts through matching funds.
Thanks again for saying yes! As you look to the new year, please visit our website to explore new ways to be engaged and hold Feb. 23, 2022 on your calendars for Auburn University’s Tiger Giving Day.
War Eagle Always!
Vice President of Engagement, Auburn Advancement
Executive Director, Auburn Alumni Association
Office of the Vice President
Communications and Marketing
Derek Herscovici '14
Communication Specialist, Assistant Editor of Auburn Magazine