We are excited to announce that the inaugural Black Alumni Council has been selected. Above is a snapshot of the 2020 council’s composition. The 10-member council represents a variety of colleges/schools, graduation years and geographic locations.
The council’s primary mission is to support the goals and mission of the Auburn Alumni Association specifically on matters pertaining to Black alumni.
Conversation With The Council Event
Watch the video below for a opportunity to view the event.
MEET THE BLACK ALUMNI COUNCIL MEMBERS
Mission of the Black Alumni Council
The mission of the Black Alumni Council is to facilitate the engagement of black alumni and friends with the Auburn Alumni Association and Auburn University as a whole. The Black Alumni Council will:
- Advocate for the concerns of black alumni and friends
- Assist with the recruitment of new students
- Support the retention of current students
- Promote greater participation from black alumni with their time, talents and resources
- Develop events and programs of interest to black alumni, faculty, staff, students and friends
- Work to preserve the legacy of black alumni and those who paved the way for us to attend Auburn University
Black Alumni Stories
Read profiles of Auburn’s black alumni and professionals below