2022 REQUEST FOR NOMINATIONS FOR
THe AUBURN ALUMNI ASSOCIATION Board of DIRECTORS
Nominations will close Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 5:00 pm CDT
The Nominating Committee of the Auburn Alumni Association Board of Directors is requesting nominations from alumni and friends of Auburn University for four director positions.
Qualified nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Be life members in good standing of the association;
- Serve a four-year term for Director positions;
- Serve on a volunteer basis;
- Attend three board meetings per year in Auburn. This includes the annual association meeting held in conjunction with the fall board meeting and monthly virtual calls;
- Participate in monthly virtual board calls (normally 3rd Tuesday at 5 pm);
- Join the association’s “Circle of Excellence” scholarship society and contribute to it annually during their term;
- Have a history of leadership and support with the Auburn Alumni Association and Auburn University;
- Possess demonstrated accomplishments in either a chosen professional career and/or through community service;
- For additional information concerning Auburn Alumni Association Board of Directors expectations please visit https://aub.ie/bodexpectations.
Individuals holding a position on any Auburn Alumni Association Council are expected to fully complete their council term prior to being considered for a nomination to the Auburn Alumni Association Board of Directors.
The nominating committee also will take into consideration an individual’s potential for representing the association’s various constituencies, their college major(s) and geographic location.
The nomination form can be found at https://aub.ie/boardnominations. The completed nomination form must be submitted electronically, along with a brief biography and at least two letters of recommendation (but no more than four) from current contributing* association members in good standing. The nomination form may be saved and completed at a later date by clicking “Save and Continue Later” on the nomination form. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit the form. Incomplete nominations or nominations received after the deadline of March 16, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. CDT will not be accepted.
For additional information or assistance contact Laurel Hendrix via email at email@example.com or by phone at 334.844.1130.
Auburn Alumni Association Bylaws, Article V Members, Section 1. B.
Contributing Members shall be all graduates of Auburn University and its predecessors who have paid their Life Membership contributions or who are current in payment of their annual contributions to the Association and all past regularly registered students of Auburn University and its predecessors who have remained a student at Auburn University as long as one quarter or semester and who are current with their membership contributions to the Association. Each Contributing Member shall be entitled to one vote on all matters brought properly before the Members of the Association.
The nomination period is now over.