Operational guidance is as follows, effective March 22:
- Events with more than 150 attendees are not permitted.
- All Auburn University-affiliated events hosted on or off campus require prior approval and full compliance with university protocols.
- Exceptions require approval from the Executive Vice President or Provost.
- This guidance does not apply to commencement, athletic events or academic classroom settings.
- All Auburn University-affiliated training and certification courses (CEU’s, etc.) do not fall under the Auburn University academic classroom setting and will require prior approval and full compliance with university protocols.
- Events with 150 or less attendees, that match the criteria in the Events policy should be submitted to the Campus Event Planning System (CEPS). Submit request in CEPS at least 30 days in advance of the proposed event date. Additionally, any student organization event should be submitted to AUinvolve.
- All requests must include a description of how event planners will ensure appropriate physical distancing in a space that accommodates the group.
- Event coordinators are expected to maintain a list that includes name, telephone number and email address for every attendee, which will be used if there is a need for contact tracing.
- All event attendees are required to wear masks or face coverings. University faculty, staff, and students must complete their Auburn Healthcheck Survey and show their A Healthier U Pass (green screen) to attend events. Non-university event attendees must answer questions regarding symptoms, all of which will occur daily for multi-day events.
- The preferred method of food/drink service is premade boxed meals and drinks that are sealed and unopened. Served buffets will be permitted if they are catered by Tiger Dining or The Hotel at Auburn University. Work through regular channels (Campus Events Planning System, AUinvolve, etc.) for guidance.
- Event coordinators are responsible for ensuring adherence to all guidelines.
- For information on submitting virtual events, contact email@example.com.
All operational changes are informed by health trends in our community and state and may be adjusted if scenarios change or new information becomes available. Continued cooperation and adherence to important safety protocols remain essential.
Employees with questions should consult their supervisor. For updates and more information regarding COVID-19 visit A Healthier U.