GAME WATCH PARTY EVENT GUIDELINES
Every fall, Auburn Clubs and Affiliates plan and promote football game watch parties for alumni and friends residing local communities. This year, with the impact of COVID-19, game watch parties are going to look differently. With the guidelines for in-person events being restricted to 50 individuals or less, and with the consideration of group members’ level of comfort, preference, and city and state guidelines where clubs and affiliates are located, in-person experiences may or may not be feasible. It is imperative to do everything possible to keep alumni and friends safe and healthy.
This document covers guidelines to be utilized for in-person, virtual, and alternative event options for football game watches.
Prior to making plans for the upcoming season, consider surveying and soliciting feedback from club members to gauge individual preferences and comfort level.
IN-PERSON EVENT CONSIDERATIONS:
- Please refer to the Auburn Club & Affiliate Event Guidelines for all in-person event considerations.
- For game watch parties:
- Connect with personnel at the venue before the season begins. Venues may have different expectations for large group gatherings than were previously in place.
- Inform game watch attendees of the in-person event expectations prior to each game watch party.
- Consider providing disposable masks.
- Use the Forever AU app to create a contact free check in system. For more information about how to access and utilize the Forever AU App, visit Forever AU for Clubs.
VIRTUAL EVENT CONSIDERATIONS:
- Consider hosting a pre-game, halftime or post-game Zoom meet-up for club or affiliate members. Discuss the opposing team, players, coaches, game highlights, or just enjoy time together to visit, laugh, share excitement and get/stay fired up for the season.
- Engage members the evening before each game day, via a virtual event such as a Zoom Happy Hour to get together to kick off a game weekend (pun intended).
- Host a Sunday afternoon Zoom recap of the Saturday game. Auburn fans enjoy debriefing a game, especially after a win.
- Stream at least part of the club’s in-person game watch event on social media so members who are unable to meet in-person can feel like they are a part of the event.
ALTERNATIVE EVENT CONSIDERATIONS:
- Consider hosting a drive-by event.
- Encourage members to wear game day attire, decorate vehicles and share the Auburn spirit.
- Host a social distant parking lot gathering or a drive-by parade to rally club members before the season and/or prior to any game.
- Share promotional items from the Auburn Alumni Association. Hand out shakers and/or smaller items to attendees to promote the Auburn spirit and as a thanks for participating.
- Host an online or socially distant giveaway or drawing.
- Post a poll on social media. To be eligible for the drawing, club members can respond to the poll question.
- Create original ways to share Auburn swag with those who are connected to the Auburn Family in club areas.
- The Auburn Clubs program has new gameday buttons, koozies, tumblers, and coffee mugs to be used for club giveaways.
- Plan and promote a social media campaign to engage the Auburn Family during football season. Encourage members to share pictures of their game day set up, share best game day recipes, and/or make a prediction about an upcoming game.
GAME WATCH DETAILS & KIT REQUEST FORM:
- Please take a moment to fill out the Game Watch Details & Kit Request Form. In this survey you will have the opportunity to share with the clubs program what your group is planning to do during the 2020 football season and to request a game watch kit to be utilized this fall. There are plenty of new promotional items to be shared with club members, including all-orange, all-blue, and traditional orange/blue shakers. All items are ready to be shipped!
QUESTIONS? Contact your Auburn Clubs and Affiliates coordinator:
Emma Brannon at firstname.lastname@example.org or Moira Pyle at email@example.com.
(REVISED SEPTEMBER 2020)